Here are some thoughts and sayings I posted on Twitter and/or Facebook in February and March. To my knowledge, I made these up (for better or for worse). Sit back, relax, and enjoy the write!
- You only live once. Use it wisely.
- One’s misunderstanding is another’s failure to communicate.
- I’m the real deal. You can have me at a discount.
- A broken record gets tired of being played over and over.
In Its Own Write
- I’m always inspired to write when someone else is doing it.
Holidays & Events
- Dive into the March Madness pool, but don’t forget to tread water.
- Can I borrow some green? I’m in a pinch.
- Merchandising in the air.
- I dream of things that I never knew were on my mind.
More Thoughts & Sayings
Click on the icon below for more Thoughts & Sayings or click here
to read the previous batch of Thoughts & Sayings.
Here are some thoughts and sayings I posted on Twitter and/or Facebook in December 2013 and January 2014. To my knowledge, I made these up (for better or for worse). Sit back, relax, and enjoy the write!
1. You cannot deny destiny, but if you do nothing, destiny can deny you.
2. Doing two things at once takes half the time.
3. I score a goal every time I hit the coffee puck into the trash.
In Its Own Write
4. I’m writing a book about a pair of normal Romans.
Holidays & Events
5. A human in a polar vortex is like a polar bear in a zoo.
6. ’13 was my lucky year. I made it to 2014.
7. The Mayan calendar ended in 2012. It only took me a year to catch up.
8. The ring of the cash registers sounds like silver bells.
9. Before the advent of December 1, there was November 30.
10. Sometimes what’s in the rear view is more interesting than what lies ahead.
11. Trains of thought don’t always run on schedule.
Click here to visit the Thoughts & Sayings page, or click here to read the previous batch of Thoughts & Sayings.
Images courtesy of Microsoft except Roman Coliseum photo by M.G. Edwards.
In honor of the Carnival and Mardi Gras festivals coming soon, here is a video clip from the February 2008 Carnival celebration in Encarnación, Paraguay. If you’re in Paraguay and can’t attend the world-famous Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, don’t miss its smaller sibling in Encarnación. I think it holds its own as one of the world’s great Carnivals and adds a uniquely Paraguayan flavor to this annual event.
A colorful festival of music and dancing, Carnival is known for its wild, crazy, and sometimes risqué atmosphere. This parade in the Carnival capital of Paraguay was festive and revealing but decidedly tame compared to its reputation. Female and male performers in colorful outfits festooned with feathers and glitter like shimmering peacocks dance to lively chamame polka-style music along a long runway. It’s quite the sight to behold. This video is just a glimpse of what to expect in person. You have to see it for yourself.
Encarnación is located in southeastern Paraguay on the banks of the Paraná River, across from Posadas, Argentina. Paraguay’s third-largest city has a population of about 100,000, and is located just half an hour from one of the country’s most popular tourist attractions, the Jesuit ruins at Trinidad.
Warning: If you attend Carnival in Encarnación, be prepared to get soaking wet. It’s a participatory event where the spectators douse one another with shaving cream. Leave your aquaphobia and valuables at home and arm yourself with cans of shaving cream to defend yourself from the onslaught. Bring a Carnival mask and join in the fun!
World Adventurers YouTube Channel
Why not subscribe to the World Adventurers Channel on YouTube? I have been posting video clips of great destinations and fun travel moments from elephant polo in Thailand to Iguazu Falls in Argentina and Brazil, and much more. Stay tuned for more great travel videos.
More About Paraguay
Click on the icon below for more articles about Paraguay